Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Application Log File

Anonymous
Not applicable
For troubleshooting, is there some kind of log file for ArchiCAD?

Also, is there any way to increase verbosity to some log file for debugging purposes?

I'm trying to investigate why it's not loading the OpenGL renderer on newer ArchiCAD.
3 REPLIES 3
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

ARCHICAD creates logs when it is running called Fastlogger, but I am not sure what sense can one make of it (if you take them, you should send them to your local support team). You don't have to do anything special for creating them, they are automatically saved every time ARCHICAD is closed.

If OpenGL is not working for you with ARCHICAD 22 (I suppose you get an error message about this, and/or the OpenGL view is disabled), that is probably because we had upgraded our OpenGL Engine from version 2.0 to 3.2 in ARCHICAD 22. Older graphics cards (or graphics cards that are not supported with driver updates anymore) might not be compatible with this new version, and it can stop working.

I think this is probably what is happening. If upgrading the graphics card and/or the driver doesn't help, you should contact your local ARCHICAD support team.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you.

I'm running in an unsupported environment, VMware, but if you're using OpenGL-3.2, then it should work, cause everything up to OpenGL-3.3 is supported in VMware. ArchiCAD-21 works perfectly. Also, where is this log file, which can help me understand which calls it's trying to make or something?

Also, is this file in text or is it binary?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah, sorry, saw your link now;) Reading it;)