BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 26 Update 4004 Preview - Antialising BUG

Botonis
Advisor

I created a comparison video between 25 and 26 where you can see the problem between the two versions.

This cannot be considered a bug because it is not something that is triggered with a certain action.

It affects the total workflow of the software and the on-screen quality.

Also you can see that transfering a file from 25 to 26 may change the text box  size of the text box that makes the and put part of the text outside the borders.

I am using of 43 4K Dell Monitor

This was detected from other users also.

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.
31 REPLIES 31
Barry Kelly

@Boldizsar Vermes ,

Could we get your take on this please.

Is this what you consider a fix in Archicad 26 as you mentioned in the GDC forum?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Ι apologize but I cannot understand your reply. Do you need more info?

I have uploaded a video with what I am noticing.

I have installed the latest 4004 Preview Update for 26 and this is what I see.

Should I test more? Just clarify.

With kind regards.

Botonis Botonakis
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

I am asking Boldizsar Vermes from Graphisoft to give us an insight if this is a problem he says is actually a fix to the way fonts are handled in Archicad.

Baldizsar made a post about this on the GDC forum that most people here do not have access to.

Apparently up until now, Archicad has been displaying fonts wrong, at least that is what I took from the post Baldizsar made.

26 is supposedly fixing this and displaying fonts as they should be.

There is a Registry key in Windows (this is a Windows only problem) that can set things back as they were.

But this means you must make that registry change for every user account on every machine that will open this file.

That is not really a valid option.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks Barry.

I realized later that you were replying to Vermes.

The registry fix worked but I thought that the update will fix the problem. 

Unfortunately it didn, t

Botonis Botonakis
Boldizsar Vermes
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

@Botonis, about the antialiasing issue (text changes to gibberish), please contact your local Graphisoft support representative, this requires in-depth investigation.

About the text migration issue (text sticks out of the boundary), Barry said it right, Archicad 26 has been improved to better render texts. This resulted in being closer to WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) display when drawing text, which earlier was not the case for some fonts - different fonts can be affected differently. The text size mismatch can be an issue when migrating projects but not in a new file. As always, migrated projects must be supervised before publishing.

Boldizsár Vermes
Product Manager, Collaboration

Hello  Boldizsar.

I am not sure what the local representative can do more. The problem has been already noticed by other users also.

If you cannot reproduce the issue then probably something is wrong with my system (which I doubt) but when I revert to the legacy engine through the registry, the problem is fixed so it must have a connection with this.

Migrating projects to the next version is something common. Our work progress is not following the version release dates obviously, but what we are talking here is just text boxes and not a new element.If we have to take from granted that a migration from 25 to 26 means that the the texts will be mismatched between the two versions this does not sound right. 

From you answer I feel that everything is normal and no further action needs to be taken from the developers. So we have to accept that 26 will continue to be problematic in this case.

Botonis Botonakis

@Botonis wrote:

Hello  Boldizsar.

I am not sure what the local representative can do more. The problem has been already noticed by other users also.

If you cannot reproduce the issue then probably something is wrong with my system (which I doubt) but when I revert to the legacy engine through the registry, the problem is fixed so it must have a connection with this.

Your local tech support is the official channel to get a bug report into the system.  They need to work with you to reproduce it (should be easy), and enter it at their end.  This Community is not a technical support channel, but a user-to-user forum. There are times when Graphisoft employees such as Boldizsar jump in here, and some rare times when they will enter something into the system. But, that doesn't change the primary bug reporting process... via the distributor for your country.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

@Botonis, I have never seen this behavior during the development, that's why I ask you to contact your local support representative, they can collect all the data that we need for further investigation.

Boldizsár Vermes
Product Manager, Collaboration

I have informed my local reseller.

If any user is willing to try and reproduce the issue.

It is really simple. 

1. Just make a text box with any kind of font.

2.Set the font size to 0.005

3.Set the formatting to "Model Size"

4.Zoom 

In my case you can check the video.

When you change the setting to "Paper size", without even altering the font size the problem dissapears!!!!!. It is like the model size affects viewing.

I deactivated my 4K monitor and used my other one. I even changed the scaling but none of the above stopped this problem.

Botonis Botonakis
Learn and get certified!