BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 26 Update 4004 Preview - Antialising BUG

Botonis
Advisor

I created a comparison video between 25 and 26 where you can see the problem between the two versions.

This cannot be considered a bug because it is not something that is triggered with a certain action.

It affects the total workflow of the software and the on-screen quality.

Also you can see that transfering a file from 25 to 26 may change the text box  size of the text box that makes the and put part of the text outside the borders.

I am using of 43 4K Dell Monitor

This was detected from other users also.

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.
31 REPLIES 31

Greetings @Boldizsar Vermes 

The local reseller has reproduced the problem so I guess it will be officially considered a bug to be fixed. 

Botonis Botonakis
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.
Benjamin Dani
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Dear all,

Thank you for your contribution!

With the collected information the falling apart text issue can be reproduced inhouse.

We just made an entry to our database about the problem.

You can refer to it as DEF-10498. 

Kind regards,

Dani Benjamin
Technical Support Engineer

I have been looking at this a little more, and I feel this is going to be a big problem going forward.

Sure we now have WYSIWYG with regards to text display in 26, which is a good thing - for new text in 26.

But the fact that all older version files will be affected when migrating to 26 is going to be a problem.

Especially for a company such as the one I work for (residential project home builder).

We have up to 1000 active jobs and most new jobs will be based on existing standard plans we have drawn up in earlier versions - there are many 100s of those.

So now any file we open in 26 that uses a font such as 'Calibri', will be affected.

See this example of just part of a plan ...

BarryKelly_0-1662529114121.png

Of course there are other plan views and many sections and elevations, details, etc, in the same file.

It really is not possible to go through every plan, section, elevation, etc., to check and adjust each piece of text.

Obviously some you will not notice being slightly out of position, but you can see there will be problems.

If you ask me, a change like this should have a legacy option where it can be disabled (not a registry key).

Or it should have been held off for that magical future version where Graphisoft says - we have updated so many tools and and features in Archicad, and re-written so much new code, that it is not practical to update old version files without a lot of manual input.

User beware if you are migrating old plans.

For me this will be a reason not to use 26 with older file, which is 90-95% of all of our files.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

It is not clear though to which problem this bug refers to. To the text box axis being moved after migrating or to the antialising performance of Archicad 26 (zoom problem, thick lines, giberish text in large scales) or both.....

This should probably be declared as two different bugs.  

Botonis Botonakis

Well, the point is: with this bug AC 26 is really unusable. How will GS compensate this issue? We are 3 month into this new release, we paid our fee but got stuck with a tool which is unable to do the simplest CAD-things.

Benjamin Dani
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hello,

Thank you for your replies!
I edited my previous comment to be more clear which issue was mentioned.

Regarding the misplaced text issue:

In Archicad 26 the text engine got upgraded which resulted an unexpected error:
Due to some incorrect font attributes some of the non-default/special fonts got offset if they are migrated into Archicad 26.
The issue has been discussed in the past weeks and a fix will be included in UP3 (50xx).

Until that there are multiple scenarios which we want to highlight to help with your workflow:

- Your Archicad project is already migrated to Archicad 26.
If you saw the error and have not tried to fix the text position we suggest using Archicad 25 until the update.
If you moved the text in Archicad 26 you'll be experiencing another misplacement after UP3 (the fix will bring the text into its correct position).

- If you don't want to wait for UP3 change your fonts into one of the default ones.

Thank you for your understanding and sorry for the inconvenience!

Kind regards,

Dani Benjamin
Technical Support Engineer

@Benjamin Dani

Thank you for the info. This is good news that the text migration will be fixed.

This is one part of the problem.

The problem with antialising, line thickness, zoom, is more important because it affects all the workflow. Is this going to be fixed with the next update also. The problems in the rendering engine which was updated in 26 was already detected during the beta.

The falling apart text probably is related to the rendering engine. If this is fixed will the other problems related be fixed also? 

Any comment on that will be welcome.

With warm regards. 

Botonis Botonakis

Thanks Benjamin for your reply. All this could have been avoided, if there were a longer beta-test. But there was only one beta-version and after that there was only silence. AC is more and more becoming banana-ware (ripens at the user)!

Botonis
Advisor

The latest 4014 Update is not fixing this problem. Giberish text or line thickness.

It seems that 4014 is the same with 4004.

Still staying to 25.

Botonis Botonakis

As Benjamin mentioned the fix is not due until update 3 - build 50xx.

The issue has been discussed in the past weeks and a fix will be included in UP3 (50xx).

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!