BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Cabinet Stile and Rails

toman311
Enthusiast
I am trying to figure out if there is a quick way to get exact cabinet stile and rails. I am not worried about what the final product looks like in section, but only plan and elevation (since I don't think it is possible to create an accurate elevation, section, and plan cabinet model).
I have used ArchiCAD's stock cabinets and added the stile and rails with the beam tool. I also created a custom countertop with a slab. This seems to work, but is slow. The section view of this is inaccurate, but I guess that is just going to have to be okay.
I also have used CADimages' cabinet tools. These do not seem to allow me to specify the thicknesses of the stile and rails even though it places them into the cabinet. CADimage also allows me to do inset cabinets. CADimage also allows me to place just the cabinet doors, which would allow me to place them on a custom modeled cabinet frame and countertop. This would mean I could move the doors around till there is the correct stile and rail spacing between the doors.
I guess I could use the same technique with ArchiCAD's stock cabinets. I couldn't get good sections from them anyways if I want them to look right in elevation.

Anybody have any thoughts on ArchiCAD cabinets?
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!