Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Creating opening with framing

Vitalijus
Participant

Hi 

I'm using Archicad 22. Currently, trying to make wall opening with adjustable size ( height and width) and automatic framing in it. Framing should be made from steel.

2 colums on opening sides ( which must be taken from standart steel profile base, rectangular hollow ones).

On top should be c/u welded together beams (which must be taken from standart steel profile base).

Is it possible to do it somehow ? 

Adding pic of what I have in mind 

Frame.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
DGSketcher
Legend

@Vitalijus It can be done with GDL programming, beams & columns, the Curtain Wall tool or possibly even Param-O. I think there is also a framing object in the downloadable add-ons, although I never saw the results I needed. It depends on your expectations. I have developed similar objects for a timber frame company in GDL so I know it can be done. It is also a steep learning curve to cover all the possible variations. If this is a limited oneoff project you could start with columns & beams in groups or possibly using modules (if you can manage the inevitable attribute issues 🙄).

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Hello Vitalijus,

You just have to put a door without leaf.

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin