BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

GDL: Operators and Operands

Lingwisyer
Guru
Hi all,

Am I correct to assume that transformations between when a group is defined and when it is applied to another as an operator modify the location of it?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
It is so.

I was having troubles applying the transformations around where I am applying the operand in my head so it was not quite correlating... Could not get a simple PLACEGROUP to work to do it as my operand was in a sub-routine which causes issues as pointed out in this post by Péter Baksa.

I now have issues with positioning as the transformations prior to it's application vary depending on a few other parameters... Time to figure out how to rewrite my script to isolate the operation.

Ling.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
It is so.

I was having troubles applying the transformations around where I am applying the operand in my head so it was not quite correlating... Could not get a simple PLACEGROUP to work to do it as my operand was in a sub-routine which causes issues as pointed out in this post by Péter Baksa.

I now have issues with positioning as the transformations prior to it's application vary depending on a few other parameters... Time to figure out how to rewrite my script to isolate the operation.

Ling.

Learn and get certified!