BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Layer set from US version to INT version

thitipatp
Newcomer
Hi
I would like to use the layer set of US version in INT version. Is there anyway to set or import from US version?
Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
Use the Attribute manager and on the right hand side open the US template.
Select all the layers and layer combinations and 'OVERWRITE BY INDEX NUMBER' them to your INT file on the left side.

It may be better to purge any unused layers and layer combination on the left before you transfer the US ones in.
This is because when overwriting attributes by index, they will keep the same index numbers.
You will want to make sure that there are no old INT layers (and combinations) left behind after the overwrite.
i.e. if INT has a layer with index 23 and the US file does not, it will remain in your INT file.
You will then need to delete and replace this layer with something equivalent from the US layers (or simply delete it if there is nothing in it).

Overwriting by name will be useless as the names will all be different.
Appending will alter all the index numbers which may not be a good thing either.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Barry Kelly
Use the Attribute manager and on the right hand side open the US template.
Select all the layers and layer combinations and 'OVERWRITE BY INDEX NUMBER' them to your INT file on the left side.

It may be better to purge any unused layers and layer combination on the left before you transfer the US ones in.
This is because when overwriting attributes by index, they will keep the same index numbers.
You will want to make sure that there are no old INT layers (and combinations) left behind after the overwrite.
i.e. if INT has a layer with index 23 and the US file does not, it will remain in your INT file.
You will then need to delete and replace this layer with something equivalent from the US layers (or simply delete it if there is nothing in it).

Overwriting by name will be useless as the names will all be different.
Appending will alter all the index numbers which may not be a good thing either.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!