BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Panther Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can not use a keyboard shortcut to Drag a Copy. It works fine from the menu, but not Option, Apple+D. I can change it to Option, Apple,+Q for instance but not the default. Anyone else experiencing this in AC7.0r3.

OS 10.3
G-4
4 REPLIES 4
Aussie John
Newcomer
yes this is an issue. After years using opt/apple D it is hard to get used to not doing it. Now the dock pops ups
Version8 can just drag and hit the apple key while moving to create a duplicate.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
It might take some getting used to at first, but the current way of copying as introduced in AC 8 is a huge improvement IMHO, specially the multicopy
__archiben
Booster
yes - the new method in 8+ is a great improvement. although they could have told us that they were switching the 'Cmd' key to the 'Alt' key in 8.1, (even though, again, this is an improvement!)

but to go back to your problem in 7 - i seem to recall seeing somewhere that you can now turn off the ability to 'show/hide' the dock in panther, thus freeing up the key combination. . .

doing that might help, although you will be stuck with an always-on dock, (personally i never turn mine off anyway). anybody know anything more about this?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
In the control panels, under "Keyboards" you can turn on/off or change any system level keyboard combinations
Learn and get certified!