BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

User Balusters

poco2013
Mentor
Is it possible to create custom balusters for use within the railing tool. I see that one can revolve a complex profile, but I need to create a rectangular shaped baluster as might approximate a fancy fence slat. I see that the save symbol command only offers panels and posts which are then made available under their tabs (panels,posts) in railings. The baluster tab only makes available complex profiles and the built-in shapes. Am I missing something? Want to create my own baluster shape?
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
3 REPLIES 3
Gerry,
Although I haven't done it yet, you are supposed to be able to create a post, select the elements, and save it as a railing post subtype library part. Then, in your railing tool, open the baluster settings, and then pick that post as your baluster from the available post library parts. Should be as easy as that.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
poco2013
Mentor
Yes, I saw that. You can select a post complex profile (profiled post) under balusters but the profile is extruded in the vertical direction which is opposite of what I need. You can not select or make ,AFAIK,a post symbol other than the defaults. But i think there must some other way to use a custom baluster - just missing something
Gerry

poco2013
Mentor
OK -- thanks for the direction Richard -- Finally got it working. My fault originally, I did not understand the settings and we were talking about two different areas

Thanks again
Gerry

Learn and get certified!