BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

adding script to Archicad windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help me out.

I would like to set up a database (not sure how or if it is possible) using ArchiCAD standard windows. I would like to have it set up so when I type in the windows callout in the ID section of the object it will go to the database and retrieve the width & height of the window.

I set this up before using custom window objects and it worked great however those windows we custom so I was able to edit the GDL script and added a call function that looked at another "object" (basically my database) with the info I wanted to "call" like the rough opening.

I hope you understand what I am looking to do, now is there a way to do this using ArchiCAD's standard windows? I thought if I couldn't do that I could just make a copy of the window object and then I could add the call function to them but there is not scripting in the object so I do not think it will actually work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
3 REPLIES 3
I did something like that around AC15...
It all depends how many types You wish to put, if say it was 50-100 - I would rather go with the favorites for doing so now.

Piotr
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to do this? I do not want to make these into favorites as I prefer to program it.

Thank you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I didn't get any input on setting up a database so I just modified the object.
Learn and get certified!