BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

cannot unlock xreffed layer

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all,

I need to rotate an xrefed dwg drawing. I tried to unlock the xref layers but am unable to do so for some of them, of which I find no pattern that explain such obstacle.

the layer is already unlock in the original dwg file.

Thanks
Joaquim
6 REPLIES 6
Thomas Holm
Booster
Turn off Suspend Groups. The Rotate command will only work if the whole XREF is selected.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Doesn't work, Thomas.

It unlocks all but one layer which, like I said, does not seem to fall under a specific pattern.

Could it be that AC makes dwg xrefs "unrotateable"?
Thomas Holm
Booster
Weird. I've no idea why this happens, I've never had this problem. Might be something in the DWG that Archicad has problems handling.

However, a workaround might be to instead Merge the dwg into an empty (delete all layers before) Archicad .pln file, and then Hotlink that into your project. This should give you full control.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I see. But that way I cannot unload it the same way like an xref, can I? This is because the xref info is a bit heavy, and I'd like to unload it while I work on the other stuff.
Anonymous
Not applicable
jagostinho wrote:
I see. But that way I cannot unload it the same way like an xref, can I? This is because the xref info is a bit heavy, and I'd like to unload it while I work on the other stuff.
You can't unload an hotlink like xref But a hotlink is attached to a layer so you can turn it on / off by turning the layer on / off.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You would be better off placing the DWG file in your Project as a Drawing with the Drawing Tool. No problem with its layers and you can easily rotate it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!