Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

detail auto-rebuild

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys and gals,

we are doing a pretty large project with an overall plan with enlarged plans. My current thinking is to have the plans and use the detail tool to make the enlarged plans, that way we can take advantage of the auto text in the detail marker. (drawing and sheet number) I have noticed a small problem with this and that is when we rebuild to fix changes, we loose dimensions. Pros are that we can put whatever we want dimension wise and note wise while allowing the overall plans to be sparse, and NOT have to add various labyrinthian layer combinations, to keep confusion to a minimum. The question, and surely I am missing it, and I doubt I am "bright" enough to be the first one to do this type of methodology:

Can I have a detail on auto rebuild?

where am I missing it?

thanks
1 REPLY 1
Eduardo Rolon
Two Work Arounds:

1) After generating the detail copy it to the side and dim and annotate that one. After rebuilding you would copy what has changed.

2) Do not link the Dimension to the Drawing, put nodes at the main points and dim to those. After updating move the nodes.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!