BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

overwrite or save as?

lefthandarchitect
Contributor

I want to save a file originaly created in V-17 then later saved in V-22. I now want to save as V-26. Should I select overwrite or save-as? Selecting save-as does not seem to actually save the file, as I have the same dialouge box appear again, asking is I want to overwrite or save as. In this case should I select overwrite so I can save as V-26?

Thank you.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

Simply 'Save' and it will become a V26 file with the same name as before and it will overwrite the V22 file.

'Save As' allows you to give it a new name - basically creating a new copy of the file that will be V26.

If you choose the same name as the old V22 file, that is when it will prompt you to overwrite (i.e. keep the same name and you will lose the old V22 file) or give it a new name (you will have both the original V22 file and a new V26 file).

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

Solution

Thank you Barry for the clarification. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly

Simply 'Save' and it will become a V26 file with the same name as before and it will overwrite the V22 file.

'Save As' allows you to give it a new name - basically creating a new copy of the file that will be V26.

If you choose the same name as the old V22 file, that is when it will prompt you to overwrite (i.e. keep the same name and you will lose the old V22 file) or give it a new name (you will have both the original V22 file and a new V26 file).

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution

Thank you Barry for the clarification. 

Learn and get certified!