BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

wall ends not showing

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is probably a basic question, but i can't seem to get the wall ends to show when i have two walls of different heights either intersecting or if i change the height of a continuos wall, like stepping up in a foundation wall say. i have noticed that in a continuos wall, if i flip one so the the outside is opposite to the adjoining piece the there is a wall end line showing. i've selected show both wall ends, but that only seems to work when a wall terminates. in this case i'm drawing foundation walls and i have drawn an opening for a man door, but because there is a lower wall segment under the opening there are no wall ends on either side of the opening:?
16 REPLIES 16
NandoMogollon
Advocate
Hi,
I really don't understand the opening portion of the problem... for the walls in different heights, it depends on the Floor Plan Cut Plane level ( see Pic):

If you're cutting above it will show the wall end lines, if cutting the walls, no wall end lines will be shown.
flor plan cut dif wall h.JPG
Nando Mogollon
Director @ BuilDigital
nando@buildigital.com.au
Using, Archicad Latest AU and INT. Revit Latest (have to keep comparing notes)
More and more... IFC.js, IFCOpenShell
All things Solibri and BIMCollab
Anonymous
Not applicable
my cutting plane is set to 4' in this example one wall is cut and the other two are not, but i still don't see a wall end. maybe i'm misguided here, but in the olden days if i wanted to indicate a pony wall in plan, i would draw a line where the wall heights changed, i thought this was standard, but i'm self taught so i don't really know. but at the same time, if i flip a segment of wall so that the outside is the opposite to the adjacent wall segment, then a line shows. in this case it doesn't matter, but when i want to show the openings in a foundation wall for doors it is necessary. i just had an epiphany, i should use empty openings for that. but still, if i want to indicate differing wall heights i thought this is the way, unless someone can enlighten me.
H
Barry Kelly
As you have discovered if the reference lines are in line then the walls join with no end lines regardless of their heights.
Even if the walls have different composites (fills) there is no end line which in my opinion is a bug.
There is a setting that allows you to turn the end lines on or off but it makes no difference when the reference lines are in line.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Erich
Contributor
If the middle wall is on a layer with a different layer priority the wall ends will show. Sometimes this is a useful trick, other times not so much.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks guys, it does seem like it should be an option.
H
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just make it so the reference lines do not line up (put the middle wall on the opposite side or a little bit inside the wall).
Anonymous
Not applicable
that's what i'll do when i can, but it sure would be nice to have the option built in.
H
Anonymous
Not applicable
Agreed
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a separate layer for walls that are not full height as i do not want them showing on my reflected ceiling plans, this layer has different priority so I get wall end lines.
If I have a step in low walls I change side of insertion line so they don't join
Learn and get certified!