Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

64bit add-on develop

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just create a 64bit add-on with 13.2517 version. when I load my add-on in Archicad13 on a 64bit win7 machine, it told me"The file is an outdated Add-on that cannot be used with this ArchiCAD version". My install package is AC13-INT32.exe. thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
reed wrote:
I just create a 64bit add-on with 13.2517 version. when I load my add-on in Archicad13 on a 64bit win7 machine, it told me"The file is an outdated Add-on that cannot be used with this ArchiCAD version". My install package is AC13-INT32.exe. thanks.
Are you saying you tried to use a 64-bit add-on with the 32-bit installation of ArchiCAD? If so, that won't work. To use 64-bit add-ons, everything should be 64-bit: the OS, the add-on, and ArchiCAD.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
okay, I now get an 64bit installer AC13-INT64.exe, and the error message still exists, what's the possible reason? The same 32bit add-on works well.
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
reed wrote:
okay, I now get an 64bit installer AC13-INT64.exe, and the error message still exists, what's the possible reason? The same 32bit add-on works well.
Did you follow the Migration Guide in the API documentation? Specifically, did you change the solution platform to x64 and link in the 64-bit libraries?
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ralph wrote:
Did you follow the Migration Guide in the API documentation? Specifically, did you change the solution platform to x64 and link in the 64-bit libraries?
Yes, I had changed to x64 platform and refered to the corrct 64 bit libraries. But not much changes on the codes, only some data type modification.