BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

A few things [api wish]

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

From andras's post it looks like there might be a new version of the devkit out soon so I thought I'd post a few wishes.

A few of these things may actually be in 6.1, I'm only just starting to use it and was going to wait before I post this. I have to continue ArchiCAD 7 support for at least a few more months. Also I realise some things may not be relavent to others as my plugin is only used in an in-house enviroment where I controll everything the drafters do.

* Ability to turn off internal ArchiCAD user notifications.
eg.
To prevent the message
'Are you sure you want to delete this section elevation..."
when my apx is deleting a section line.

When my APX programmatiicly creates a zone that overlapps some other zone I don't need the user to know whats happening under the hood and I don't want them to be able to say no.

* Ability for a programmatic component listing that can get criteria as specified in the 'link properties to criteria' dialog

* Ability to programmaticly change sizes of elevation/floorplan windows.

* Ability to programmaticly edit existing cutplanes - and I guess any other element type. (havent tried with 6.1 yet)

* I currently use API_Automate functions that are marked for internal use only such as close/quit. Not sure why they are not for public usage as they are very usefull

* An APIEnv_SetPreferencesID which lets me programmaticly change options retrieved from APIEnv_GetPreferencesID

Thanks,
Adam
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
another nice things would be the ability to turn the auto group option off
Learn and get certified!