BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.
SOLVED!

Building API Example Fail?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using VS 2017 as Blog said and not upgrade, I have just built it without any changes. Please show me why the Built has been failed and how to fix its resource link?

This is report when built failed:
1>------ Build started: Project: MarkUp_Manager, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
1>Compiling the localized GRC file...
1>Compiling the non-localized GRC file...
1>Compiling the RC2 file...
1>Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 10.0.10011.16384
1>
1>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
1>
1>
1>APICommon.c
1>C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\API Development Kit 22.3004\Support\Modules\GSUtils\GSSystem.h : error C2220: warning treated as error - no 'object' file generated
1>C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\API Development Kit 22.3004\Support\Modules\GSUtils\GSSystem.h : warning C4819: The file contains a character that cannot be represented in the current code page (932). Save the file in Unicode format to prevent data loss
1>MarkUp_Manager.cpp
1>MarkUp_Test.cpp
1>Generating Code...
1>Done building project "MarkUp_Manager.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Looks like the file GSUtils\GSSystem.h has an invalid character, specifically the copyright symbol (©) in the copyright notice. Earlier versions of VS don't seem to complain about that.

You could temporarily work around this by turning off the "Treat Warnings as Error" option in the C++ > General panel of the project settings. Possibly reducing the warning level for the project might do the trick too.

Or you could edit the file to fix the copyright character, but I wouldn't recommend manually editing API headers.
Ralph Wessel BArch

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Looks like the file GSUtils\GSSystem.h has an invalid character, specifically the copyright symbol (©) in the copyright notice. Earlier versions of VS don't seem to complain about that.

You could temporarily work around this by turning off the "Treat Warnings as Error" option in the C++ > General panel of the project settings. Possibly reducing the warning level for the project might do the trick too.

Or you could edit the file to fix the copyright character, but I wouldn't recommend manually editing API headers.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ralph wrote:
It's working for me, thank you very much ^^
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry but I cannot Build the Geometry_Test Example, error is below

1>------ Build started: Project: Geometry_Test, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
1>Geometry_Test.cpp
1>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2017\community\vc\tools\msvc\14.15.26726\include\xlocale(485): error C2589: '(': illegal token on right side of '::'
1>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2017\community\vc\tools\msvc\14.15.26726\include\xlocale(485): error C2146: syntax error: missing ')' before identifier 'strcmp_DISABLED'
1>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2017\community\vc\tools\msvc\14.15.26726\include\xlocale(485): error C2065: 'strcmp_DISABLED': undeclared identifier
1>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2017\community\vc\tools\msvc\14.15.26726\include\xlocale(485): error C2143: syntax error: missing ';' before '!'
1>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2017\community\vc\tools\msvc\14.15.26726\include\xlocale(485): error C2059: syntax error: ')'
1>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2017\community\vc\tools\msvc\14.15.26726\include\xlocale(485): error C2059: syntax error: '=='
1>Done building project "Geometry_Test.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Please show me how to fix it to build.
Regards, HAI
Anonymous
Not applicable
And one more question is when I build successfully but cannot load it with just Warning mark in Add-On Manager. Please help me to fix it.
Best regards,
Learn and get certified!