GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

Custom doors and window marker

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I've been looking for some custom door and window markers that are similar to the W Marker and D Marker but without all the extra stuff.
In the past, we have been using the Label tool with custom parts, but I want to avoid doubling up when I can just use the custom door or window dimension marker for each.

The attached images are samples of how we use label tool for the windows and doors and would like the custom door and window label to work the same.
W_D Labels is the sample of how we use the Label Tool to Label the plans and elevations.
It would be nice to have the #Home Story Number as Custom Text for use on the elevations only. The Custom text would be great for Multi-story buildings where the text could be 2-15.

W_D Marker is a sample of how we would like the Dimension Marker to operate within the Window and
Door Object.

Kind Regards

Brendon
2 REPLIES 2
Lingwisyer
Guru
If those are Autotexts, could you not just save them as Door / Window Markers?

Then for the floor and elevation variations, open the object and use the following to merge the scripts of your two saves;

IF GLOB_VIEW_TYPE = 5 THEN
ELSE
endIF

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Opps the red pen is very fine and hard to see the shapes in the previous message. New images attached.