BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Embedding a Web Browser

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,

i am trying to integrate a web browser (e.g. Chromium CEF) into an ArchiCad Addon. Specifically i want to embed the browser window into a pallete or a non modal dialog in ArchiCAD. I am wondering what would be the best approach to do this. I already have an Addon working which creates a dockable palette but now am stuck to integrate the browser view.

Any help on how this could best be achieved is highly appreciated.

Cheers

Christian
9 REPLIES 9
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Christian wrote:
Hello everyone,

i am trying to integrate a web browser (e.g. Chromium CEF) into an ArchiCad Addon. Specifically i want to embed the browser window into a pallete or a non modal dialog in ArchiCAD. I am wondering what would be the best approach to do this. I already have an Addon working which creates a dockable palette but now am stuck to integrate the browser view.

Any help on how this could best be achieved is highly appreciated.

Cheers

Christian
Hi Christian,

I don't know the exact solution, but I know that the BIMObject people managed to do that; if someone's around from that company, I'm sure they'll help you.

Regards, Akos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Akos,

thanks very much for your reply. Still trying to figure out a solution, so any further hints are very welcome.

Cheers

Christian
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Christian wrote:
Hi Akos,

thanks very much for your reply. Still trying to figure out a solution, so any further hints are very welcome.

Cheers

Christian
Just PMed you

Cheers
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
stefan
Expert
Would it be possible to share the approach as well? We are looking at the same problem for a client.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey, i'm having the same issue. I would be very happy if you could share the approach for the web browser...
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Just letting you all know that we are releasing all of our scores code free to anyone who would like to develop it.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
stefan
Expert
We are definitely interested.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
gavinNZz
Advocate
Did anyone create a solution for this? Was any work done on placing a webpage as an 'external drawing' like we do for pdf's & jpg's etc. Having the ability to link in web based calculation sheets or pdfs would be a great add-on
Planworks Ltd
Residential Designer based in Tauranga, NZ
Archicad v9+
VR enthusiast.
Always wants more!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

i would also be interested in the solution to this problem, i cant seem to be able to get my head around creating a custom control/panel with an embedded web browser in it. Any ideas are welcome.
Learn and get certified!