Archicad Python API
About automating tasks in Archicad using the Python API.
SOLVED!

Read-Only Properties

Dayiz
Booster

Hello everyone,

i'm a student working at an architecture bureau and im experimenting with the Python API and Archicad.

Lately we've been trying to set things with the acc.SetPropertyValuesOfElements() method and while doing so we noticed that there are some properties you can edit and some are read-only.

So now we are in the process of finding out which properties can be edited, but there is no official information from GRAPHISOFT on which properties are editable.

So before i try to write a script that tries to change every property and safes the 'success' param i wanted to ask, if there is a list which already contains all read-only properties.

Dear Regards

Dayiz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Tibor Lorantfy
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi Dayiz,

From Archicad 26 the PropertyDefinition in JSON/Python API will contain an isEditable boolean value which defines whether the property is editable or not. That's already implemented, we just have to wait for it 🙂

Unfortunately in previous versions that information is not available yet.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Tibor Lorantfy
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi Dayiz,

From Archicad 26 the PropertyDefinition in JSON/Python API will contain an isEditable boolean value which defines whether the property is editable or not. That's already implemented, we just have to wait for it 🙂

Unfortunately in previous versions that information is not available yet.

Well, then its time to proof my patience.

Thank you!