Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

VB????.dll's

Anonymous
Not applicable
The ODBC driver setup installed some dll's with the prefix vb into

C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\Archicad Plan ODBC Driver v1.1.0.

Can anyone tell me what they are for as I can't reference them in any VB project.

Marcus.
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
The currently supported driver is ArchiCAD Plan ODBC Driver v9.0.0.

AFAIK, there is no direct support for VisualBasic to any DLL's other than through the ODBC interface and/or ODBC API functions.

There should be no problem accessing any ArchiCAD PLN ODBC sources from a VB application.

Could you describe the specific problem you're encountering, or are you just exploring? (Microsoft Access is perhaps the easiest and best way to initially explore the available data.)

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, my VB application is working fine using the odbc drivers, I just noticed these files and was wondering about their purpose.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can usually search for the exact VB???.dll file name (with extension) in Google and it will give you some web sites where detailed info is provided about it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Karl Ottenstein
laszlonagy wrote:
You can usually search for the exact VB???.dll file name (with extension) in Google and it will give you some web sites where detailed info is provided about it.
These particular files have Graphisoft as the creator Company and AC 9.0 as the version info ... so Google won't provide any info in this case. 😉

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Karl wrote:
laszlonagy wrote:
These particular files have Graphisoft as the creator Company and AC 9.0 as the version info ... so Google won't provide any info in this case. 😉

Karl
I see. I actually thought these are files from one of the system folders, not the ArchiCAD folder. Thanks for the gen.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!