Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.
SOLVED!

Why does GetTextureCoordinate return uv>1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys

I am trying to use GetTextureCoordinate api to get uvCoords. However, it returns uv>1, which is quite werid when I export the "tree plan/billboard". I find that uv>1 means repeat the texture for uv times but the "tree plan/billborad" should not repeat itself.

Could anyone help me please?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
scandi wrote:
Hi guys

I am trying to use GetTextureCoordinate api to get uvCoords. However, it returns uv>1, which is quite werid when I export the "tree plan/billboard". I find that uv>1 means repeat the texture for uv times but the "tree plan/billborad" should not repeat itself.

Maybe "tree plan/billboard" should be a 2D object itself, whose width is 0. GetTextureCoordinate doesn't give uv directly. You should divide the results by X (x of the texture) and Y (y of the texture) respectively.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
scandi wrote:
Hi guys

Maybe "tree plan/billboard" should be a 2D object itself, whose width is 0. GetTextureCoordinate doesn't give uv directly. You should divide the results by X (x of the texture) and Y (y of the texture) respectively.
Anonymous
Not applicable
That's good to know! Thank you for update!