GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

label and fill with building material

bimdo
Booster

Hi everyone

There's no label which extract properties out of a fill? In the settings of the label it looks like it would be possible to extract the properties of the building material... Is there another way, another label I could use or did I something wrong? We need this information for the 2D-details, but don't want loose the hole information of our building materials.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
bimdo
Booster

bimdo_0-1659433853363.pngbimdo_1-1659433869648.pngbimdo_2-1659433894252.png

It should be possible, but it isn't?

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

What you are showing on the first image is the Building Materials Dialog, so that "Compressive Strength" is a Building Material Property, not a Fill Property.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Hi Laszlo

Thank you for your respond, yes I'm agree it's a fill drawed with the settings of a building material. And yes it sounds not that logic, that we want to get properties out of a fill;) but in the background the fill is asking the building material for the front/ backpen and the fill, so why not the properties too?

Maybe a short explanation what we want to do: We're drawing our details 1:1 or 1:5 in 2D with fills, but we need the information of the model in our details. We discussed that problem already here https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Developer-forum/Labels-with-a-data-base/td-p/342374

And at the moment we'er doing it like this, we're drawing our details in the section. Put the label on the elements in the model and hide the model, that's working for small projects. In really big projects we often have two different files, because of to big files. One file with the detailplans and one file with the BIM-model and there's the issue and to put a modul into this file doesn't work, because we're splitting in case of the file size.

If we could extract the information of the building material out of a fill, we would solve that problem and the reason why I'm asking for that is, that in the settings of the label it looks like it works for fills too...

Thank you for your thoughts;) maybe you've a solution for bigger projects;)

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Currently, Fills can not have Properties, only Building Materials. Therefore, Fills can not "inherit" the Properties of their Building Material. You should make a wish for this feature if you want to see it in Archicad, so we can submit it to Graphisoft.

If you make a wish, please post its link in this thread.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Here is my post into the wish-list. Thank you for the support;)

Bimdo, if you are drawing with building material fills, you can extract info with the skin list tag. The downside is that you have access only to the basic properties, ID/Manufacturer/Description, but still very useful to keep the information coherent. We are using the same  method as well.