BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Bad Crispy texture in Open GL 3d window

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear community,

a have a problem - textures in my 3D window are a bit crispy picture up - I tried all options: graphic card (GeForce RTX 2070 and 4K monitor), OpenGl in 3d window, but it is always the same... And I dont think that graphic card is the problem - it is really very good card., and textures looks very sharp in other programs (picture from Meshlab..)

Is it possible to improve a quality of textures in 3d OpenGL window with registry or object settings/scripts maybe?

It is impossible to see very sharp texture in OpenGL window in real time even the Surface is generated with very high definition texture, how can it be?

There are two cases but is allways the same:
1. one is texture on object (the problem could be simplification of surface automatically while creating object),
2. but case two is more likely - it is impossible to see very sharp texture in OpenGL window in real time even the Surface is generated with very high definition texture - it seems that there is some kind of "filter" that decreases quality of textures in OpenGL window...?

Can this filter be turned off, or something like that? For example, number of polygons of mesh, shells etc. can be programmed using Win Registry (I found solution on Forums so I believe that there is something similar for textures too)
1 REPLY 1
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Ivan,

Thank you very much for your question!

I was informed by my colleague that the limitation in OpenGL for Archicad's texture is 4096x4096 pixel. In case of higher resolution, Archicad will attempt to lower the image quality in the 3D window for performance purposes. It ensures smoother panning/zooming in case of a high-resolution image used for the surface. When rendering with CineRender, the original texture will be used and there should not be any issue with image quality.

If you have any question about GDL object, feel free to ask in the dedicated channel here: https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewforum.php?f=49

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!