Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Photorender preview

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why is it that in the CineRender and Basic Renderer you can see an accurate preview of the render, but when you use the sketch rendering option, the preview is generic?

It's been like this for quite a few years.
5 REPLIES 5
The answer is simple...it would take too much time to get the preview.
And the bitmaps You see can show the effect of the settings...
Anyway unless rendered, at least partly, You cannot be sure what You get in the other engines too..

Best Regards,
Piotr
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm still confused... sketch previews take longer than the other previews? Sketch rendering has been much faster than Cinerender in my experience, but cinerender still provides a preview.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
The preview is only part of cinerender engine, sketch render is a different engine. That said, sketch renders take less than a minute on my machine, the cinerender previews sometimes take longer than that.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. I always wondered why there is a generic house sketch in the preview box. Maybe a message explaining it's not available would create less confusion.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Actually, I should mention internal engine also works with the preview, so I don't know. Maybe the sketch engine is too old to work with it.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!