Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Publishing FAILS

Anonymous
Not applicable
ArchiCAD 17, Mac OS X 10.11.6 (El Capitan, just installed; purchased 21 and am waiting to complete current projects before installing it).

"Publishing of the item failed due to a incorrect definition of a path or drive, or insufficient access rights."

The path is the same path used and published previously to updating the OS. Drive? I believe I only have one, Macintosh HD. Insufficient access rights? How could I correct this or alter it? I'm the only one on the computer.

I've had no issues with publishing before. Submitted for a building permit and the plans examiner requested revisions. Installed the new OS; made the revisions; attempted to publish: FAIL. Help.
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
I am not a Mac user, but it sounds like the OS upgrade may have changed the file path.
Go into the Publisher Properties and set a new path by browsing.
If you can browse to the destination then the publish should work.

Also make sure the file you are publishing to is not open or even selected in your 'Finder' (is that the correct term). Even if a file is selected (in what us Windows users would call 'Explorer') it can make the publishing fail.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, Barry. Exactly how would I go into the Publisher Properties? I'm looking and cannot find (even in my Finder).

Speaking of Finder, there's no place there where I could select an ArchiCAD layout; only in ArchiCAD.
Barry Kelly
Kenneth wrote:
Thanks, Barry. Exactly how would I go into the Publisher Properties? I'm looking and cannot find (even in my Finder).
The publishing properties of your publishing set in the Navigator.
Kenneth wrote:
Speaking of Finder, there's no place there where I could select an ArchiCAD layout; only in ArchiCAD.
I am not talking about selecting the layout - I mean the file you are actually publishing - the PDF or DWG.
If you have that file selected in your finder then it can stop the publishing process because Archicad thinks the file is open and therefore can not replace it.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Apparently there is a compatibility issue with ArchiCAD 17 and El Capitan that causes an issue with publishing PDFs. It is resolved by downloading Hotfix 8004 for 17. Issue resolved. Thanks for your help.