Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Section/ wall section viewport on sheets crashes program when updating

Keith S
Contributor

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask,

We recently started using Archicad 25. Our program crashes when the section/wall sections view is being updated on the sheet. It does not crash at first when placing the views on a sheet, but typically occurs when we are mid way through noting and detailing the view. 

This has happened on multiple projects over 4 different computers. It does not happen on every project. 

The only solution I have found is to delete the viewports that are corrupted and create a new view. Typically we will have a couple sections and wall section on 1 sheet and usually only 1 of the views crashes when auto updating.

Is anyone having the issue with 25? we never had this while working in Archicad 23. 

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly

No, I have not come across this.

But if you are getting a crash, it is important to send off the bug report.

Take not of the bug report number and then follow it up with your local Archicad support and ask them what was the cause.

It may be something simple that you can fix straight away in which case the support will tell you how to fix it, or it may be something more serious that will need re-programming in the software in which case the support will forward the information on to head quarters.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11