BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Weird Lightworks Behaviour

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whilst playing around with Lightworks and following Dwight's magical book, a weird thing is happening.

I've been putting in different lights + playing with their configurations (changing light intensity, sun angles etc...), changing things in 2D, doing a test render, changing something else in 2D, doing a test render, and so on - jumping back and forth between the 2D and 3D windows.

I ended up with 1 sunobject, 1 skyobject and 1 undersun - no AC sun, camera light or ambient light. My test renders are coming out fine.

BUT THEN...

While in the 3D window, I went into layers and switched off my furniture layer. I did nothing else - didn't change any light or rendering settings. I then immediatley did another test render the image is horrible (see attached).

I went back and checked all my light settings, and they were as they should be.
So I tried switching my furniture layer back on, and it made no difference - still horrible.

Any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
it might be the same case I had, check out: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=7575&highlight=

you must close the 3D window and reopen it to regenerate the view. and things are ok again when you render. I can just conclude it's some kind of memory issue, it happens when I've been using the 3D window for a long time.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, looks like it is the same thing...

Cheers,
Tom
Learn and get certified!