Stressed as I am already. We used to use Element ID directly in the schedules and use it as the first sorting parameter. Worked like charm since twenty years. Now we started to use an expression property (reading the Element ID) and using that on instead for the schedule but it is not sorting. I didn't even check before swapping to expressions and it was kind of embarrasing moment gettin notice from colleagues about this. I should learn to nere assume things but any way it's not behaving like I think it should so I reach out...and maybe you'll be there...with an answer. 😉
I want to use only expressions for the door/windows schedules because I don't want to mix properties and parameters...it's quicker to work if there is one single sorurce of information feeding a schedule.
For double or even potentially triple numeric IDs I always prefix with zero to avoid these sorting problems e.g. D09, D10 or D009, D099, D100. It's a common problem in indexing that is easy to overlook when you end up with more IDs than expected.
Apple iMac macOS Monterey / AC26UKI (most recent builds)
Thing is we don't do running element IDs. The ID is type+material+modular width. Thus a 900 mm wide woode door would be labelled DW9. However we have a national project in the works that states that an ID shall not contain any intelligence ...only running number so we might end up there anyways in the near future.