BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

When would "Exclude blocking wall" EVER be useful?

rob2218
Enthusiast
so...I have these interior elevations....every once in a while I notice that if I don't have this ONE darn box unchecked....the interior elevation decides to "EXCLUDE BLOCKING WALLS".....I guess what I'm trying as is..."WHY/WHEN would you EVER want to block walls from showing themselves in an interior elevation?" I mean....really guys...you want "ALL" walls to show themselves so I'm trying to understand the logic behind this ONE single box which sometimes drives me BATTY when trying to figure out WHY some walls show up in interior elevation and why some DO NOT!.....so please GS, enlighten me.

KITCHEN-AC QUESTIONxxsmall.jpg
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
3 REPLIES 3
Well, one very obvious example is when you've drawn a custom glass shower enclosure using walls, but want to show the tile pattern on the wall beyond. Or you've got a wing wall that is blocking part of the main wall beyond. When you need this feature, you'll know it. And at some point, you'll need it.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
rob2218
Enthusiast
OK...I get that you want to see what is "beyond" (on the inside) of the interior elevation in question......so then why not simply just 'MOVE' the elevation cut line to the inside from where you want it to begin showing?
I'm still at a loss as to why we even need this toggle button.
if you wanna show an interior elevation of "A" particular wall...then show it by moving the interior elevation cut plane forward.......
am I missing something here?
I mean...you "typically" don't show interior elevations of walls elevated "inside" a space, toilet stall, partition, whatever...unless, well....you need to show it....and then you put the cut plane forward.
Richard wrote:
Well, one very obvious example is when you've drawn a custom glass shower enclosure using walls, but want to show the tile pattern on the wall beyond. Or you've got a wing wall that is blocking part of the main wall beyond. When you need this feature, you'll know it. And at some point, you'll need it.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
oh...and if you wanna show the tile pattern INSIDE a custom shower...then again...why simply just not elevate the 2 or 4 interior shower walls?
still don't get it.
Richard wrote:
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Learn and get certified!