Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Zone Tags Content Visibility Control

MlMcc
Contributor

Is it possible to control what content is shown in a zone tag via layers or another way outside of scale?  For example, I've got three plans all at the same scale (code plan, floor plan, finish plan), but only the code plan  requires information on area and occupant loading.  

Right now it's looking like I have to do one of the following to make it work.

1. Duplicate the zones and put them on a layer that's only visible for the code plan.  The issue here is added redundancy & then another item to QA later on.

2. Add text boxes for area and occupant load separate from the zones that only show up on the code plan.  Downside here is the manual entry & update.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly

How good are your GDL skills?

As you already know, you need to be able to recognise which plan is being viewed.

There was some 'request' (I think from memory - long time since I have tried it) that was to do with layer, but I never had any success with it - so used the scale trick.

However, we now have Library Globals.

These are values which can be set in the Model View Options.

So, if you have a different MVO saved with each plan view, you can have a different value set for your Library Global in each MVO that will control the zone stamp.

For example, you would create a Library Global that could simply be an on/off boolean value to say 'show area and occupancy loading'.

Therefore you will be able to recognise which plan is being used and can then control what is displayed by the zone stamp.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
MlMcc
Contributor

Well at this point, non-existent.  I'm very new to the program and have no background in scripting.  But, this sounds like exactly what we need, so time to figure it out.  

I do have an MVO specific to code plans as there are other uniques for that plan requiring management and the simple boolean function is all I need.  If you have any suggestions for resources on how to learn to create Library Globals, I'll take it.

It is a little involved and took me a while to get my head around it.

So for someone with no GDL knowledge it may be a little intense.

Just search +Library +Globals here and you will see a few posts on the subject.

I don't have time to go through and find any that might be about creating library Globals.

It will also require editing the zone stamp as well.

If I spot something that explains it well, I will post back here.

If anyone has or knows of something that explains this clearly, please add your knowledge.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thank you!  I started looking into it and it's probably a future add to our template as we work on improving our skills.