Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

3d Document Dimension Bug - Solved

Dennis Lee
Booster
In the 3D document, the dimensions are acting very strange. They will offset some distance automatically, and sometimes even rotate the dimension that you want to get. The "offset" seems to be a new feature, but it shouldn't offset crazy distances by default.

Can we have a fix for this soon please?

Untitled - Graphisoft ArchiCAD-64 15 - [3D-02 Document  Autorebuild Model]_2011-07-27_11-13-01.png
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
5 REPLIES 5
Dennis Lee
Booster
Ok, I think I found out the problem.
BTW, this also messes up 2d dimensions' orientations as well.

Simply don't mess with "Display editing plane during editing operations only" setting in the "On Screen Options".

If you checked this option, simply unchecking it won't fix the problem. For new files, New & Reset All, and changing this option will fix the problem, but what do I do with all my existing projects?

GS, can you help?
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Dennis Lee
Booster
ok, i traced it back to the work environment being imported over from previous AC version. it seems to work ok now with the standard WE, and with the correct grid (rotated) & editing plane settings.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
I really wouldn't want this to be considered "solved".

Thanks for locating the source of this issue since it's been a headache with our floor plan dimensioning. Since we have already started several projects with that option checked, it would be REAL nice to figure out how to "reset" those started projects like you mentioned.

I'll try and monkey around but so far it appears that once a project has had that box checked, it's broken for good. Even with the standard 15 template and profile. And reapplying the scheme or profile doesn't fix it.

This is real annoying and hopefully can be fixed ASAP.
Dennis Lee
Booster
Yes I think gs should look at yhe overall dimensiin issues again. For this problem, for your grid, try to set custom grid as if you are setting a rotated grid, but just make it a straight custom grid.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah, thanks for the work-around!