cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Adjust Grid Markers in Enlarged Plans

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone, I am new to ArchiCAD but I have over a decade of experience in other BIM platforms. I have what I think is a very simple question but I can not find anything to help me. I have a project where we have an 80,000sf building with an overall floor plan. We want to do an enlarged plan of just a portion of the building. I have set up the enlarged plan but my gridline markers are not visible. How do I adjust the location of the marker in just that view without changing the location in other views? I am in ArchiCAD 20 Solo.
4 REPLIES 4
Eduardo Rolon
That is a limitation of the Grids in AC. You will need either to place a copy of the Grids there and hide them in another layer that will be hidden on all other views or you can draft them. None of the options are very BIMmy.
The other option is to use Worksheets (which IIRC will copy the grids) but since they are not live you have another set of limitations there.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, ejrolon, that at least confirms I am not going crazy. Do you have any good resources on how to set up enlarged plan views in general? For some reason, I am really struggling to find anything that walks me through the best procedure for getting an enlarged plan? It is really slowing down the process.

The firm I am at is trying to transition from AutoCAD to Archicad and this is the first project. We are a small firm and do not have the financial resources to hire someone to come in and help with the setup.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Eduardo Rolon
You can read here

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=182148

The best option is to save 2 views one with the annotations and one with the model. You will need to keep all the graphics that are necessary for the enlarged plan in their particular layer. Once you get used to it it is very simple.
FWIW there are a lot of architects/"ac users" here that can help on an hourly basis which might help when you need a specific question answered rush. The trick is finding the best fit for your firm.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, that view topic you linked to is great!!

Seems like this is one thing that Archicad can learn from Revit. In Revit you simply create the bubble call out on the plan and Revit creates the new view with a live model and you can tell it whether or not to also bring over the annotations. Then you simply put the view on a sheet and start adding notes and dimensions. Way easier!!.