BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

AutoText in Layout ID

GeorgieB82
Contributor
Hi,

All my Layout ID's and published file names must have the Project Number, Version Number preceding the Layout Name. Both of these fields are in the Project Information, can I use AutoText to create the Layout Names?
AC25 UK Solo
Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7-4790, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K600
5 REPLIES 5
GeorgieB82 wrote:
Hi,

All my Layout ID's and published file names must have the Project Number, Version Number preceding the Layout Name. Both of these fields are in the Project Information, can I use AutoText to create the Layout Names?
Yes, and AutoText in the Master Layout is the usual way to accomplish it.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
GeorgieB82
Contributor
I know how to add AutoText to the Master Layout but when I put AutoText in the Layout ID it just shows up as #whatever rather than the AutoText.
Maybe I am not explaining myself in correct terms, I'll get a screenshot of what I'm after.
AC25 UK Solo
GeorgieB82 wrote:
I know how to add AutoText to the Master Layout but when I put AutoText in the Layout ID it just shows up as #whatever rather than the AutoText.
Maybe I am not explaining myself in correct terms, I'll get a screenshot of what I'm after.
If you get a #whatever, then it means that the info is blank for that field. You need to have the AutoText entry match the correct field AND have the field filled in.
Richard
GeorgieB82
Contributor
I have attached a pdf which should show what I'm talking about
AC25 UK Solo
I think the short answer is no. AutoText does not work in the Layout Names. However, it DOES work in the Publisher, if that helps.
Richard
Learn and get certified!