Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Breaking dimension strings

Anonymous
Not applicable
I work for a boss who only *GASP* hand drafts. He would like to see my dimension strings broken where they intersect with each other. Is this possible? Please let me know.
5 REPLIES 5
TomWaltz
Participant
You would have to fake it, placing a solid white-printing fill to hide it...

Or you can convince him that some hand-drawn practices are no longer cost effective.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
That was my fear. And God forbid I have to move the dimensions. Then I'd have to remember to move the fills too 😞 Thanks
TomWaltz
Participant
brianh wrote:
That was my fear. And God forbid I have to move the dimensions. Then I'd have to remember to move the fills too 😞 Thanks
Yep.

There were a lot of hand-drafting practices that we learned years ago (like partially hatching an elevation) that really just are not practical anymore.

Does he know this insistence is costing him time / money?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
He has to. But, all he has ever know was hand drafting, so it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. He wants the speed of the computer, but the look of all hand drawn.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Some years ago bosses wanted us to produce hand-drawings that looked like computer-made. So we had to use plastic templates to draw letters and numbers with rapidographs. Funny, isn't it?