cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Detail Tool in ArchiCAD 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have experience when making details in the section with the Detail Tool and don't see it looking properly, opening it on the Project Map will be fine but for a moment, when I will see it on this View Map will disappear and disappear all will only be visible head geometry lines only the edges and contents of the details will be empty.

Already activated the layer that should be visible.
Has anyone experienced this in the forum?
The months have passed, when will GS release the Hotfix Update for ArchiCAD 23?

If you hear this is a bug, hopefully the fix will come in the near future, if not ... how to think about the remaining time is back to 22 first while it is very heavy and impossible?
17 REPLIES 17
EDDY wrote:
Hi Steve,
I think this is a Bug because what I will put in the layout must all be sourced from the View Map because here I will set the layer combination options.
I have done all the settings but the results are still problematic.
In the View Map how feasible it will be to put dimensions, text, and labels if all of these are gone or shouldn't be there.
I do not understand why this complaint only I ask? does GS there know this or how.

Steve for I don't think the Mac has a problem or another local version?
Many details that I have not yet made, have been signed but I cannot complete the text, labels and dimensions as much detail as I would
I don't know anything about a Mac. Never used one. But keep us posted as to the solution.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Strangely, this only happens when taking the detail tools in the section selection, while the Detail tools from the Floor plan and Elevation are all fine.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

I have a deadline and this requires me to submit work with some drawbacks, not being able to see dozens of images in the detail tool.
Is there this forum or those from GS who can convince me that this is a Bug because they both experience the same thing? so that I can decide what steps should I take?

If none of them felt Bug, why would my environment only feel this, and where would my work go? Is waiting for the release of the fix I have to tired of returning to AC22 to finish in the next year?
Ghaleb Khadra
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Eddy,

I'm terribly sorry about the issue you are experiencing. I can't even imagine the amount of stress this must have caused you. I'm going to do my very best to help you out here!

However, for future reference, I highly encourage you to contact the local Support Team in your country whenever you face such issues in the future. I hope you will not, but just in case, please feel free to contact the support team.

Based on the issue you described, and hopefully I was able to understand it correctly, you say that when you create a detail and open it within the Project Map, everything appears but when you open it from the View Map, everything just disappears. If I understood you correctly, then it's a bug but not in the same way you describe it.

The root cause is the following:

By design, the default Renovation Status of elements was changed in ARCHICAD 23 from Existing to New. This means that by default, all modeled elements are labeled as New Elements now. However and unfortunately this is where the bug lies, by default, a Detail View which is created automatically is always set to have a Renovation Filter Status which "Hides" New Elements. Specifically, the "01 Existing Plan" Renovation Filter Status.
If the Detail View Settings were not faulty, then we would have the ability to change the View's Setting but because of the bug, we are unable to and with whatever initial Settings the View was automatically created, it will always show in that state no matter what.

I'm terribly sorry about this. I really am! I completely understand the frustration you are experiencing and I apologize for not seeing this post earlier, but I investigated this issue thoroughly and luckily could find a quick fix for the time being.
Please do the following to resolve the issue:

1. Change all your elements to "Existing" instead of "New".
2. Delete the Detail View directly by deleting it's Marker to completely get rid of it.
3. Go to the section where you wish to create the detail on, and place the new Detail Marker.
4. Now the Detail View should show correctly.

The most important thing to pay attention to is that the elements you wish to capture in the Detail View must be labeled as Existing elements at the time you create the Detail. Once you create the Detail with the elements being labeled as Existing, they will always show in the Detail View even if you switch their Renovation Status later on in the project.

If you wish to have them labeled as New for whatever reason, then temporarily switch their Renovation Status to Existing just until you create the detail, then switch them back.

Once more, I'm extremely sorry about this! I can't apologize enough for this, but I sincerely hope this workaround will do the trick for you until your submission.

In the meantime, I will take this bug to the development team right away and prioritize it.

I wish you all the best on your project!

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact the local Support Team in your country and they will be more than happy to help you out!

Kind regards,
Ghaleb
Ghaleb Khadra
BIM Expert
GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Ghaleb,
Thank you for providing answers and enlightenment solutions that I can do while waiting for repairs.
I did not have the chance to do that because the work had been handed over in a state of not yet finished.

Is the plan to release a repair or hotfix for ArchiCAD 23 still a long way to go? because of the large number of details that I have to make complete with the following I was waiting for this fix in the AC23 hotfix.

I am happy and hope that Team GS can issue a fix or hotfix in the near future because I am still given the opportunity for the owner until January 8, 2020 to complete all the detailed images that have not yet been made.
Can my Ghaleb know when it is?
thank you
Ghaleb Khadra
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Eddy,

Unfortunately the fix for this is not a simple one due to the nature of Renovation Statuses and the Renovation Filter Status functionality. As you can imagine, many things in ARCHICAD are connected to these features, which means it's a large fix. Currently, the development team is still working on the fix as we speak.

Furthermore, I am sorry to say but the next public ARCHICAD 23 release date is set to be in February 2020. However, the Preview should be already accessible from mid-January onward hopefully.

I'm terribly sorry to say that by the deadline you have set (8th of January), the fix for this most likely won't be ready.

I can not apologize enough for the inconveniences caused by this...

I hope we will see the fix soon implemented though so that in the future, these issues won't be present anymore.

Till then, I would like to wish you and your loved ones a happy holiday season!
Kind regards,
Ghaleb
Ghaleb Khadra
BIM Expert
GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Ghaleb,
Thank you for the explanation of all this that has calmed my feelings.
Only when I heard that the improvement would come in the middle of January or in the middle of February, it required me to go back to AC22 to make the details as I should because this was too much.
With this is a big Bug of course I am very happy if many in this forum are also experiencing the same thing but why not report it?
Well, hope things will get better at the beginning of the new year.
I say the same thing again, congratulations on welcoming Christmas with the Ghaleb family and 2020 which will soon be here.
Thank you for your support.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ghaleb wrote:
Hi Eddy,

Unfortunately the fix for this is not a simple one due to the nature of Renovation Statuses and the Renovation Filter Status functionality. As you can imagine, many things in ARCHICAD are connected to these features, which means it's a large fix. Currently, the development team is still working on the fix as we speak.

Furthermore, I am sorry to say but the next public ARCHICAD 23 release date is set to be in February 2020. However, the Preview should be already accessible from mid-January onward hopefully.

I'm terribly sorry to say that by the deadline you have set (8th of January), the fix for this most likely won't be ready.

I can not apologize enough for the inconveniences caused by this...

I hope we will see the fix soon implemented though so that in the future, these issues won't be present anymore.

Till then, I would like to wish you and your loved ones a happy holiday season!
Kind regards,
Ghaleb
Hi Ghaleb,
When were we able to accept the first AC23 hotfix even though it was a Preview Release at least this work did not stop for a long time and fixed a few problems that I experienced and could continue to work.
thank you