Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimension string

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong with the dimension string and what is causing it to add the extra 2mm. The gridline shows 6500 and the above dimension line is 6500 but the one below adds an extra 2mm which is within the 1687 (ie should be 1685). I'm not a big fan in overiding the value manually just in case something changes.

It could be my sloppy modelling somehow - just want it worked out.

Thanks,
DeeBee.
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
It could be a rounding issue because what you have modelled may not be exact millimetres.

Go to the OPTIONS menu > Project Preferences > Dimensions and change the decimal to '1' and maybe add some extra accuracy as well.
Then read what your dimensions say and that may help you figure out where the problem is.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
DGSketcher
Legend
I keep a dimension setting with extra accuracy which I can switch to in v20 very quickly at the bottom of the screen. Definitely helps keeping the model accuracy tight and spotting things that aren't exactly where they should be.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)