Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Disable "Action Center" opening automatically?

Nikolokobe
Booster

Is there a way of disabling the Action Center opening automatically?
It's on ok feature to have, but there should be a way of using it only when I want to, not being forced to have it pop-up as a tab whenever it wants to.

I keep my workspace trim, neat and tidy at all times and find it annoying to close down this tab every few hours manually (times 3-5 different instances of Archicad that I must have open at all times).

My work-around is that I have made a hotkey to close all other tabs. It works ok for me, but I'd like a better solution.

AC 25
Windows 10
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
64.0 GB RAM
5 REPLIES 5
DGSketcher
Legend

@Nikolokobe I am not sure it should be “disabled” as some of the information highlighted e.g. libraries, is critical to AC operating correctly. From when the Action Centre was added to AC the frustration has been with it reappearing just to report layouts need updating when you edit a view. I think if that could be solved then users would be happier. When it comes to publishing Drawing Manager also reminds us to update (repeatedly) so the Action Centre reminder is unnecessary. 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Nikolokobe
Booster

All I'm asking is for disabling the automatic part of it, we could leave it as a feature we can check on ourselves, in our own time.

I know there is stuff that I need to fix in my file, I don't need a permanently resurrecting annoying feature on a prime real-estate spot on my screen (tab bar) to remind me of something I already know.

AC 25
Windows 10
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
64.0 GB RAM
Rick Thompson
Expert

I hope GS listens to this.  Maybe it is helpful to some users, but to me it is totally un-needed and irritating to have to close all the time.  It seem this is an easy WE addition to resolve.

Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Ekon Bor
Participant

the only purpose action centre serves is to increase my annoyance level, GS take heed

YOArch
Contributor

I want to vote for a "disable" automatic opening, please. I see no reason why I need to see the action center every time I open Archicad.