Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Drawing Scale

Llian
Advocate
Not sure how to approach this....
I've been working on my worksheets [project map] at scale 1/2". Both project and project map are set to the same scale. They are neatly layout out in the 24x36 layout sheet. Now, my client wants some of these drawings to be in letter-size layout sheet.
I see that I can reduce my scale in the layout sheet to scale 1/4" to fit into the letter-size but the scale in the title markers are showing as the original 1/2" scale.
So, what do I have to do in the project or view map worksheets, without having to rescale markers, dims and texts [one by one] ?
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA | CAPM | PMP
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
4 REPLIES 4
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I've read this twice and still can't figure out what you're saying...

Typically, when you want two printouts at different scales, you would create TWO different VIEWS in the View Map and applying the correct scale in the VIEW SETTINGS...

If you want the 1/2" scale drawing GLOBALLY reduced by 50% (all text and markers GET smaller proportionally) then simply change the scale of the DRAWING that is placed on the sheet.

Version 1 above rarely works cleanly without having to massage text sizes anyway to make the same numbers fit at both scales...

I believe you are looking for version 1 and looking to see the TEXT larger in 1/4" scale drawing as opposed to having it all tiny... right?
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Llian
Advocate
Thanks so much for trying to figure my confusion! I don't seem to get my markers, dims, text proportionately right when I scale down from 1/2" to 1/4". Attached is a screenshot of the scale down 1/4" and hope this helps you to visualize my problems. I am sure there is a way but I just don't know how and where are the 'buttons'.
Lilian Seow
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I hope this can help you:
Llian
Advocate
Thanks....I think I have figured out my problem.I have my markers in my worksheets and so when I bring the drawing with the markers into the layout, the markers are not changed to the layout scale [which you have suggested]. What I am going to try next is to bring in the drawing from my worksheet [copy and paste 5 times of the same worksheet ] so that the markers are from layout instead.
Lilian Seow