Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Editing Detail Markers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone shed some light on how to select and edit the size of the detail marker.

All I can do is move the marker, move the reference symbol and change the reference symbol line length
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you use the square placing for the detail, select the detail and while on the arrow tool, Click and hold on either of the four hotspots. I dont think it works in AC8.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the response, works ok on 9. We are still running 8.1 on a current project and that feature isn't implemented yet. Any one have a suggestion?
Karl Ottenstein
Maurice wrote:
Thanks for the response, works ok on 9. We are still running 8.1 on a current project and that feature isn't implemented yet. Any one have a suggestion?
Yes, 9.0 is much easier, but it is possible in 8.1 as well.

The marker of course is changed with the marker size parameters. It sounds like you are talking about the detail cloud or boundary. (I'm not sure what the right phrase is.)

First, under Options | Display Options, set "Detail Boundary" to "Show". This is the key.

Now, with any tool in 9.0, or any tool except arrow in 8.1 and earlier, mercedes an edge of the boundary as shown in the screenshot, and choose the stretch edge icon in the pop-up palette. Voila. You can also add points, etc. to change the shape.

The editable hotspots let you visually change the radius of the corners, angle of the marker, length of the marker-to-cloud line, etc.

Karl

PS The screenshot is 8.1 since that is what you have. In 9.0, things work pretty much the same way, but with the added benefit of different colors for editable hotspots.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Perfect!
Solved a small but annoying irritation. Now maybe they could make it easier to find in the manual .....
Karl Ottenstein
Maurice wrote:
Perfect!
Solved a small but annoying irritation. Now maybe they could make it easier to find in the manual .....
If it makes you feel any better, I only discovered this a couple of months ago after similar cursing.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Maurice,
I Can't imagine how big the manual will be if they, include every thing ArchiCAD can do, its good to discover some tricks, and thanks to this forum, you'll find most of them here.
Thomas Holm
Booster
Thanks Karl! Much cursing here too!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks karl for the tip on adjusting detail boundaries. I do not seem to be able to adjust the boundaries of detail markers that are linked to another detail, only the "parent" marker. Have you noticed this as well? Does anyone know of any methods to adjust the boundaries of linked markers? Thanks in advance.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Does anyone know of any methods to adjust the boundaries of linked markers? Thanks in advance.
Nope. You've found another deficiency in the detail tool. To achieve what you want, adjust the shape of the original boundary, alt/option click on it and create your 'copy'. Then you and undo the original and repeat if necessary.

Don't forget to change your Detail Marker Polygon to 'Clipp Polygon' if you want the marker to match the boundary.

Cheers,
Link.