Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Elevation markers

Anonymous
Not applicable
I upgraded from R10 to R18 and am having trouble with my elevation markers. My west elevation marker shows shadows but none of the others do. I have set the other 3 settings to exactly those of the west elevation marker but with no success. Also tried the eyedropper on the west elevation marker but it will not pick up the settings.....
5 REPLIES 5
Erika Epstein
Booster
Did the file migration change the elevation markers to R18? If not you can option click on the R10 elevation markers then open the elevation marker settings, navigate to the R18 one, inject the R10 parameters in to the R18 one in the preview picture, bottom left of the Elevations settings box. You will then have to go through all the settings for that 18 version.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the prompt reply...I wasn't trying to bring anything over from R10. I am using a template I got from shoegnome but he doesn't know why I am unable to get shadows on 3 of the 4 elevation either...suggested I try the forum...
Lex George
Florida architect
Erika Epstein
Booster
The shadow feature can be a bit buggy. Have you tried shifting the one marker a couple of inches? Or replacing that elevation marker?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Are they all Source markers? What are the Sun and Shadow Settings in the Elevation? Screenshots would be helpful.

If you use the syringe to pick up the parameters of the west elevation and then draw a new elevation with those settings, do you see shadows?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erica,
Thanks again.....i opened up a new template that I know is functional and brought the whole building into that template......am fine now but no idea what that was all about....have a great New Year.....

Lex George Architect
Boynton Beach, Florida