cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Elevation / section markers inside worksheets don't align with model

Bruce
Advisor
When an elevation / section marker is placed in the model, and is captured inside a worksheet clip window, the marker will shift inside the worksheet.

This is an issue, as you can't properly place your markers where you need them. This is particualry an issue when a multi-story core changes extent as it goes up the building.

See attached example.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Bruce,

Thank you very much for sharing the issue and I am sorry about the experience!

I have tested it with previous versions, and this seems to be an old bug. I will have our Technical Support team take a look at this. As soon as we conclude the investigation, I will let you know. Thank you very much!

I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Bruce,

Thank you very much for sharing the issue and I am sorry about the experience!

I have tested it with previous versions, and this seems to be an old bug. I will have our Technical Support team take a look at this. As soon as we conclude the investigation, I will let you know. Thank you very much!

I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Bruce,

For this issue, we have come to the conclusion that this is intended behavior:

When creating the worksheet, the markers aren't created as a simple 2D line drawing elements, we create new markers instead of them with the Linked Marker type aligning the marker to the size of the worksheet. These new markers are still editable/can be hidden as one element.

- If we would keep the marker's original length on the worksheet, its size would be that much larger as well, which would be disturbing.

- If we would only draw the part of the marker on the worksheet which was visible inside the clipping polygon on the original view then it couldn't work as a linked marker. In other cases (for example with a section marker) the marker head(s) wouldn't be visible in many cases so you wouldn't know which marker is going through the worksheet.

As a workaround, you may want to drag the Section/Elevation Marker (that has been recreated on the Worksheet in order to fit its shape) to the correct place. I think the most accurate way is using the Trace Reference Tool.

I hope this will answer your question. Let me know if you have any further issues. Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Bruce
Advisor
Yeah - this doesn't work.

I rebuild worksheets multiple times in the course of preparing my drawings. The idea...so I've been told, behind worksheets is as a plan region callout that is 'live' to the model that will crop the view but include all the relevant annotations: saves placing masking fills in the model, or placing two overlapping drawings on the layout (one for the model, one for the annotation). It is poor workflow to then have to adjust a marker's position every time I rebuild from source.

This would all be moot if Archicad had a true live cropped view of the model...like Revit does actually.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bruce wrote:
This would all be moot if Archicad had a true live cropped view of the model...like Revit does actually.
I think this is THE GS dilema. Graphisoft has built the strength/performance of Archicad on the dissociation of 2d/3d environments. This is why, for example, we don't have SEO 2d representation.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Bruce and Braza,

What you all said is very true! Unfortunately, due to the nature of how some 2D elements are generated, it can be problematic when modifying the project plan!

I have entered a wish into our WishList database for this issue (please refer to it in the future as #12638). I hope that it will be considered to be implemented by our Product Management soon!

Thank you all for your contributions. I wish you a great week ahead!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT