cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Gridlines on Wrong Design Option Show in Section/Elevation

MendoPermaculture
Contributor

We're having an issue where gridlines in the wrong design option show up in Sections & Elevations. In Plan they only show when their design option is visible, but in Section & Elevation we cannot get them to dissappear.

We tried the different "Section Settings - Grid Tool - Show Grid Elements by Stories & Name" options, to no avail.

Did we find a bug with the new Design Options tool?

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon Sonoma 14.5

AC 27amp;
2021 MacBook Pro 16" 32GB Apple M1 Max
MacOS Sonoma 14.5
1 REPLY 1
NomadArchitect1988
Contributor

Hi,

I am having the same issue. It seems you can turn off the gridline visibility in the section/elevation, but it's an all-or-nothing option.

My current workaround is to simply have multiple elevation/section markers under different design options for a particular stage that only show the grid (or not). For example, we don't show the "gridlines" for the sketch/concept stage, so we make a new elevation marker with the display gridline setting "off." 

But for consistency, this should still be the same marker, with Design Options controlling the gridline's visibility. 

Maybe it is a bug. And I hope Graphisoft solves this soon.

System: Archicad 27, on Mac OSX 14.5 (16-inch, Macbook Pro 2019)

Setup info provided by author