Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Interior Elevation Maker not adjstable ?

When placing an interior elevation marker I can make it any length I want, however after it is placed I can not adjust the ends of it to show a different width of interior elevation ? Is this how it is supposed to work ? I think we should be able to select a node on the end of the marker and adjust it to change the width of the interior elevation. ??

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

23 REPLIES 23
probably a bug that the pen selection will change all the lines for type and color, but not for pen weight. ?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Erich
Contributor
I suspect that is by design rather than a bug.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Steve wrote:
David wrote:
Barry wrote:
But does anyone know if you can change the line type used?
I don't see a setting anywhere.
I believe it is using Line Type Attribute #4. This is Dashed in the standard setup. If you go to Attribute Manager, delete all the Line Types except 1 to 3, then import another Line Type that will become #4, it will be the limit line type.
or you can make some changes here
The Work Environment setting will change the Marker Range Line Type, but not the Line Type of the line that needs to be selected to change the Layer assignment or the elevation's length.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Barry Kelly
Thanks Steve,
Mine is already set as solid line in the WE.
That affects all the other extent lines but not that one dotted line in IE.

I can't change the line type itself because I do use line 4 for other purposes.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Erich wrote:
I suspect that is by design rather than a bug.
I would prefer that both the hidden line used to control the width of the view and the Marker Range lines could be independently controlled.

Is this the only place in the program where the pen setting controls only the color, and does not change the pen weight?

I think these pen settings should be in the Marker Settings, not On Screen Settings anyway.

David wrote:
Steve wrote:
David wrote:
I believe it is using Line Type Attribute #4. This is Dashed in the standard setup. If you go to Attribute Manager, delete all the Line Types except 1 to 3, then import another Line Type that will become #4, it will be the limit line type.
or you can make some changes here
The Work Environment setting will change the Marker Range Line Type, but not the Line Type of the line that needs to be selected to change the Layer assignment or the elevation's length.

David
Correct. You must have the hidden line selected to change the layer the marker is displayed on. This is also a design flaw. The other design flaw ( if you don't want to call it a bug) is that when you change the pen in On Screen Settings it will change both the pen weight and color of the hidden line, but it changes only the color of the marker range lines. The settings for these lines should not be in On Screen Settings. They should be in the Marker Settings. There should be not place in the program where when you change the pen, it only changes the color assigned to the pen. It should always change both. That is the part of this that I think in a bug.

Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
I haven't used the interior elevation marker in years because it was so buggy -- looks like things haven't improved much.

I CANNOT edit the width of the elevation, regardless of the line I select, and I CANNOT find the mysterious "hidden line".

You can see from the screenshot that this is a simple rectangular room, elevation marker was placed as "One common Marker for the IE Group" -- somehow, some of the marker lines have shifted and no longer touch the walls to either side of the viewpoint. This has happened in multiple rooms.

AND for some reason (some but not all of) the marker arrows have disappeared.

Really hoping I'm just missing something before I have to recreate all of my interior elevations!
IE Marker.jpg
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Laura:

The lines for adjusting the range are the light blue/green dashed boundary lines at the wall surfaces, they are most evident on the left side at the door opening in your screen shot. Select the marker so all the lines are selected, then click on one of the boundary lines, the Pet Palette should appear, select the Offset Edge option to move the boundary line. The 4 boundary lines are a polygon, not individual lines for each elevation.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
In addition to David's advice, I have found that you need to be really careful in resizing these; for polygon IE markers, move the range boundary lines only by moving the adjacent range extent line. If you try to move with a node, the marker arrows will disappear, and I haven't found a way to bring them back.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
I don't know what it is I'm missing, but I still cannot manipulate the limits (i.e. the walls on either side) of the marker. Between that and the disappearing arrows, I'm going to have to recreate the IE. I'll keep the markers locked so that they're not accidentally modified again in the future.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5