BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PLOTMAKER layers hide/show won't work...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Plotmaker 3.0.1v1, ACad 8.1.0 v1.

I have several layout books, and on a new one if I click on the imported drawing on a layout and open the layers dialog box, I can hide and show different layers, but the OK button is greyed out and not available. I seem to remember having this issue before and solving it, but can't remember what I did!! Unfortunately, the documentation doesn't cover Plotmaker real well.

I'm sure I missed a setting or something somewhere and this is a simple thing as most of my issues are. Can someone reming me how to solve this??

Thanks,

Steve Ericsson
Olympia, Washington USA
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Steve wrote:
Plotmaker 3.0.1v1, ACad 8.1.0 v1.

I have several layout books, and on a new one if I click on the imported drawing on a layout and open the layers dialog box, I can hide and show different layers, but the OK button is greyed out and not available. I seem to remember having this issue before and solving it, but can't remember what I did!! Unfortunately, the documentation doesn't cover Plotmaker real well.

I'm sure I missed a setting or something somewhere and this is a simple thing as most of my issues are. Can someone reming me how to solve this??

Thanks,

Steve Ericsson
Olympia, Washington USA
Have a look over in this post.
This should answer your question.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=15140&highlight=%2A#15140

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Select the drawing in plotmaker and open the " Drawing Settings" window. In there, check under the "Attribute Update Rules" tab and see if the box next to layers is checked or not. If if is checked, uncheck it and this should unlock the layer settings.

Good luck,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks tprokop, that did the trick!!

Barry, funny, but I asked a very similar question before and didn't remember. Although I was asking for a different reason, the result is the same. I sure with Plotmaker had some better documentation!

I'll ask this question again in a few months!!
Learn and get certified!