Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PM9 - "views" knocked back to "PMKs"

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have a couple of layout books that are having repeated problems with imported views not updating. Worse yet, they become inserted PMKs in the views so manual relinking is required. I think this has to do with the size of the AC9 model they are being read from (~100MB) or the fact that the AC9 model is having to lift hotlinked models to make the update. I think BGArchiCAD for Mac may have a file size issue...

Is anyone having to relink views frequently?
18 REPLIES 18
__archiben
Booster
you're seeing little 'PMK' icons in the drawing usage list right? try quitting plotmaker and re-launching. or resaving your archiCAD file and then hitting 'refresh' in plotmaker's views navigator . . .

i seem to remember reporting something like this as a bug during beta, but i found out later that plotmaker stores the updated view as a PMK in it's cache/memory. hence the display of the little PMK icons.

i also remember re-linking views all the time, but realising that this was no longer necessary when i figured out what was actually happening. i guess it could be a little clearer!

does this help?
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
We are still experiencing this problem with "PMKs". We aren't able to refresh them or update them. We are having to re-insert them. I think it is related to large, large, large layout book sizes. Any thoughts? What are the largest layour books or models that people are having PlotMaker 'lift' to do their updates?
Aussie John
Newcomer
I have had this happen twice but the file wasnt especially large
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Brad Elliott
Booster
I have the same problem here with a 300mb Layout Book that pulls from multiple sources. The one thing I have noticed that helps resolve the issue is to make sure you check the file source setting when you re-link the file. It defaults to pulling in the files as pmk's but if you change the source to Solo projects they then come in ok and seem to remain properly linked. But the cause does seem random, I brought in 5 new sections at one time yesterday, 4 came in fine and one as a pmk.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having the same problem in a TeamWork file. Or wors't because If I open the PM in other PC some views are moved from the original location. The LBK file size is 19,073 kb with some plt imported.
__archiben
Booster
Ted wrote:
We are still experiencing this problem with "PMKs". We aren't able to refresh them or update them. We are having to re-insert them. I think it is related to large, large, large layout book sizes. Any thoughts? What are the largest layour books or models that people are having PlotMaker 'lift' to do their updates?
are you absolutely sure that your the linked view is no longer cached as a PMK? i.e. the view has been updated in archiCAD since the last time it was updated in plotmaker . . ?

maybe plotmaker isn't cleaning out its cache properly - which can happen if plotmaker crashes rather than quits as well - and it's finding wrongly stored PMKs of views . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll check out the cache issues you are mentioning. The project has been plotted, so I will see how there last week or so went...
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had this error the other day. Went into a layout book and updated an old file and got an error. The drawing would not update and showed that it was a pmk in the drawing useage window. It would not allow me to link the file to the PLN file. I assumed this was because it had reverted to a PMK. I had to delete the drawing and import a new file.
Anonymous
Not applicable
ARGGHHHH! Just had two more drawings revert to PMK. They will not update when in this form and you will not realize it until you print out your sheet and realize that your revisions are not there. This is the beginning of a BIG problem if it is not resolved. There is no way that I can find to change a PMK file back to a linked drawing file without deleting the offending drawing and re-importing. Graphisoft Help!!! I can send files or screen shots, whatever would be helpful in sorting out this problem.