Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PM9 - "views" knocked back to "PMKs"

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have a couple of layout books that are having repeated problems with imported views not updating. Worse yet, they become inserted PMKs in the views so manual relinking is required. I think this has to do with the size of the AC9 model they are being read from (~100MB) or the fact that the AC9 model is having to lift hotlinked models to make the update. I think BGArchiCAD for Mac may have a file size issue...

Is anyone having to relink views frequently?
18 REPLIES 18
Brad Elliott
Booster
Millard,
After selecting the file and clicking the "link to" button make sure the "enable files of type" button is changed to ArchiCAD Solo Project. It defaults to PMK and so will keep reloading it as such. This should allow you to relink the file as a live link. This usually works for us though we have had files that for some reason won't switch.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
Aussie John
Newcomer
I had some odd things happen yesterday where a view not only changed to a pmk but to a plan instead of section.

Also i was updating some internal elevations i had created ( using the normal section tool) and some objects I had added to the views wheren't showing up and had to reimport them to fix it.

One detail ( from detail tool) was missing some fill and lines!!! This was all with a deadline looming

Tried new and reset on both archicad and PM and restarts to no avail.

I dont know if it is related but the CAD file has been getting a number of bad parameter error on opening and even the deletion of contents in a detail due to bad elements.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Brad wrote:
Millard,
After selecting the file and clicking the "link to" button make sure the "enable files of type" button is changed to ArchiCAD Solo Project. It defaults to PMK and so will keep reloading it as such. This should allow you to relink the file as a live link. This usually works for us though we have had files that for some reason won't switch.
Thanks for the tip. I was so frustrated that I didn't see the file type button.
Andy Thomson
Advisor
We've had this problem for a while in a number of projects Views reverting to PMK's in PM), on the Mac side (hasn't happened with PC yet). Usually when switching workstations - in sharing work or going to another workstation to plot/print.

We always open the PLN locally, make sure all libraries loaded properly from server, all views up-to-date/redefined, save PLN, then open LBK.

GS has asked us to clear all PM and AC caches, and are working on troubleshooting this for us....apparently is more of a problem with PLP files vs. PLN files. I'll post again if we ever figure this out...
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Thomas Holm
Booster
Had this problem today: A number of section views, updated and saved in Archicad, refused to update in PM. All files local.

What I had done: The sections were modifide by copying-pasting the "model" items( into lines and fills as usual), and then dragging these copies to one side. After that, the copies were edited and then each view re-framed and "re-defined" showing these edited items only, not the original.

When "updating drawings" in Archicad, the view frame shift did not come though. PM said OK but only the original view shown. Quit and restart of both AC an PM to no avail. Had to re-import each section view once more. After that, updating of these has worked.

The files in question are not too big, AC.pln 17MB, PM.lbk around 12 MB. The project is a Solo project, and everything is stored locally. Seems like PM/AC has a limit as to the possible extent of re-defining of views.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Erika Epstein
Booster
I too have been having experiencing this non-updating pmk problem on the windows side.

Project files are small, ~7500 KB each. It seems to happen only with files that are being passed back and forth from one laptop to another. No teamwork (yet).

We keet having to re-import most views.
Both laptops are win XP.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Andy Thomson
Advisor
the view frame shift did not come though

You must know this already, but couldn't you 'scroll' over to your copied view in the PM>drawing box? Double-click in drawing area (to make active) and slide over? Or did the Viewset actually change to a PMK?

I usually crop to 4 predefined hotspots in AC, lets everything snap nicely in PM., and save/redefine with zoom = 'none' - or maybe you speak of something else?

A
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Thomas Holm
Booster
You must know this already, but couldn't you 'scroll' over to your copied view in the PM>drawing box?
Didn't try that. Although I now realize it might have worked. I'm not sure if the views really were "knocked back" to PMKs, but I really don't care because the issue as I see it is that the views don't update, not if their format has changed. To have to re-crop (or scroll) each view to its new position would be to have to re-create part of the work already done in Archicad, which is against the new PM philosophy as I see it.

As I save/redefine views with 'current zoom' enabled, I expect the views to update every aspect including current cropping. If that doesn't work, something is wrong. I'm confident Graphisoft will fix it eventually, if they're informed of the situation.

I'm also aware I might have missed some setting or another. With all the the power PM has got in its latter releases, the UI has become very complex, and not very easy to master in all its aspects. I hope I'll be excused if I've missed something.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had times when my views do not update correctly in plotmaker. It seems to have been most common when I have several views selected while in the view by subset and update them all at once. Re-updating them has been fine, but it is a little disturbing to think that updating the drawings does not always (100% of the time without question) work. Its only a matter of time when a drawing set goes out without the most current information.