BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Pen weights and uniform pens and colors

Anonymous
Not applicable
I like to use uniform pens and colors in my plotmaker drawings, but have instances where I want to lighten up certain pens for particular drawings (ie wall on framing or electrical plans). Having jumped from 6.5 to 8.1 I am very much enjoying the new features in plotmaker but have not seen a readily available solution to this issue. Thanks for any sugestions.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
AFAIK uniform pens and colors is still available though I can't say where since I never use it. My pens and colors are standardized in AC, but then I always customize them in PM. Usually just setting pens 1-80 to black so I can use grayscale, but often adjusting weights according to scale, and other color schemes for engineering drawings etc.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Arernt you looking for the Options\Drawing Pen Colors Dialog?
To keep changes you make in PM, you need to select the 'Custom for this drawing' radio button and check the 'Pens and Colors' checkbox in the 'Attributes Update Rules' panel of the Drawing Settings (select placed drawing, then CTRL-T).
Laszlo
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
there's a checkbox in preferences/drawing attributes to use uniform pens and colors throughout the layout book. every drawing will then use your settings under 'all pens and colors'.

if you uncheck the box, your drawings will revert to their individual settings.

as others said, you can also set the pens for each individual drawing with 'drawing pens and colors' in the preference is left unchecked... AFAIK there isn't a way to override the Uniform Pens and Colors box for that one special drawing

HTH
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, and in this case the Book/Drawing Pens & Colors item of the menu will be grayed so you cannot even select it.
Laszlo
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!