cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Plomaker not updating views in networked environment (Mac)

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have found the following anomaly with PlotMaker. We keep all of our models and layout books on a server. Each layout book will have views from multiple models inserted into its sheets. Some of the models are shared and others are solo models. This has to do with solo models.

A. When I have the layout book open and a solo model open on my workstation, edit a view, save the model and close the model, PlotMaker updates the view successfully.

B. When I have the layout book open and a solo model open on my workstation, edit a view, save the model and DON'T close the model, PlotMaker warns me that the model is open, but goes ahead and updates the view successfully.

C. Now when I have the layout book open and another has a solo model open (very common occurance), they edit a view, save and close the model, my PlotMaker updates the view successfully.

D. But, we have found that when I have the layout book open and another has a solo model open, they edit a view, save and DON'T close the model, PlotMaker warns me that the model is open, then warns that there has been an error and DOES NOT update the view successfully. The farcical office-wide search for the person with the model open begins...

We use Mac OS X throughout the office. Has anyone else seen this? With over a hundred views in our layout book and four or five staff working on the project, it took us a while to figure out that this was one of the causes of our problems. I doubt there is a solution beyond adjusting how we as our people to work.

We are considering sharing every model since this doesn't seem to be an issue with our shared models, but that will be a little of the tail wagging the dog. We always like to ask before we go that direction.

Thoughts?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
We have seen this behaviour in our office as well. I have reported it to Graphisoft US and they are looking into the bug. It seems that either it should warn you that the drawings will not update or update correctly.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Graphisoft has read the post and confirms this problem. The issue is identified in an ArchiGuide.

See http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/archiguide/LBKupdate.html