Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Plotmaker issues when printing a drawing @ 50%

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone encountered issues when printing from plotmaker at 50% with jpegs only printing "half" of the image from the center of the image to the right, the left half being left blank. we are plotting to hp 1055cm.
is it a plotter issue or plotmaker issue?

when printing 100% it is fine, but for 50% size drawings it prints only half of each image. very strange. we'd appreciate any thoughts. this happens also with tiff images.

is there a preferred image type to printing within archicad?
3 REPLIES 3
Rakela Raul
Participant
one of ours is a 1055 and i use it very often using 50% reduc'n.. and i use jpeg and/or pdf and psd, word, ....will check on monday x u and let u know (but dont remember having that problem..will check anyway)
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Rakela Raul
Participant
50% on a 1055 w jpg's works fine
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Anonymous
Not applicable
YES! Though it may not be realted directly to the "50%" issue... It took me a LONG time troubleshooting this one.

Turns out that if you use the draft setting on the plotter, any image file with a resolution of 300 dpi or greater gets cut off.

Plot with the 'normal' or 'best' setting and it will come out fine.

Reduce the resolution of your image to 299dpi, and it will plot fine on draft normal and best settings. Perhaps reducing the plot size results in a comparable increase in image resolution. Try using a better print setting on the 1055.

HTH
Wes